How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Creve Coeur, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Creve Coeur, MO. Do you have a home in Creve Coeur that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for houses that have serious damage in the Creve Coeur, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Creve Coeur, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want one in turnkey condition so their Creve Coeur, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The thought of added expenses of paying contractors, or the time it would take to make all the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a house almost impossible to sell to most potential home buyers include disagreeable smells, limited natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
Why Do Some Creve Coeur, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage fixed whenever it appears. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural events can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Creve Coeur, MO
If you want to sell a house in Creve Coeur, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Creve Coeur, MO homeowners can learn how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as mold damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-person, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. A roof replacement can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Creve Coeur, MO
Our Creve Coeur, MO cash home buyers are honest and considerate. Regardless of what damage your home has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we would like to purchase it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Creve Coeur, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Creve Coeur, MO is pain-free:
We perform our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as 30 days. We are always honest about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money we can for your Creve Coeur, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Creve Coeur, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Creve Coeur, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Creve Coeur, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.