How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Raymore, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Raymore, MO. Do you own a home in Raymore that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained mold or hail damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Raymore, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from homes they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Raymore, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Raymore, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already making a significant investment on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to think about. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Raymore, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include disagreeable odors, limited natural light, poor construction like low ceilings, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Raymore, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant issues.
If you were renting the home, maybe it was lived in by difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a home as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Raymore, MO
If your Raymore, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Raymore, MO homeowners are able to paint walls, major repairs such as termite damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can hire outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most repairs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the conventional market.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a realtor 6% of whatever you end up selling the house for, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Raymore, MO
Our Raymore, MO cash home buyers are honest and open minded. Whatever what damage your house has sustained or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Raymore, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Raymore, MO is quick:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home in as little as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Raymore, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Raymore, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Raymore, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Raymore property. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Raymore, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.