How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Lake Winnebago, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Lake Winnebago, MO. Do you own a property in Lake Winnebago that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained mold or wind damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for houses that need major repairs in the Lake Winnebago, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from homes that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Winnebago, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a welcoming home for their Lake Winnebago, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already making a significant investment when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of paying contractors, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we often see in Lake Winnebago, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad smells, little natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Lake Winnebago, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it appears. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become worsen and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can quickly cause damage to a house as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lake Winnebago, MO
If your Lake Winnebago, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Lake Winnebago, MO can figure out how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire experts to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Lake Winnebago, MO
Our Lake Winnebago, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we we can offer you a solution. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Lake Winnebago, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home buying process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct our own inspections and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to tidy up before we come over, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can close on your home as quickly as a month. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Lake Winnebago, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of houses we buy on Lake Winnebago, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Lake Winnebago, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Lake Winnebago, MO residents move on from properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.