How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Willard, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Willard, MO. Are in possession a home in Willard that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Does it have asbestos or flooding damage, or have an outdated floor plan or decor? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that need major repairs in the Willard, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties they no longer wanted. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Willard, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Willard, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house with serious damage. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added costs of hiring somebody, or the months it would take to handle the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Common major repairs needed in Willard, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include bad odors, restricted natural light, poor architecture like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Willard, MO?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the house was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented irresponsible tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause serious damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Willard, MO
If your Willard, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Willard, MO homeowners are able to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many materials such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost at minimum $5,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Willard, MO
Our Willard, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over three decades of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Willard, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Willard, MO is pain-free:
We carry out our own inspections and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one making the purchase on your home. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as 30 days. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Willard, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to discover the other services we offer on Willard, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Willard, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Willard, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.