How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Ash Grove, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Ash Grove, MO. Do you own a property in Ash Grove that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for homes that need major repairs in the Ash Grove, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ash Grove, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Ash Grove, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Major repairs needed that we have experience with in Ash Grove, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home almost impossible to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, restricted natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a house that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unappealing decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Ash Grove, MO?
Homes, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage fixed whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the home was vacant for a long time or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented difficult tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, natural events can tragically cause damage to a property as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ash Grove, MO
If you want to sell a house in Ash Grove, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Ash Grove, MO can teach themselves how to change a carpet, major repairs such as termite damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house in turnkey condition would be lost in materials, when the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for a higher amount. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Ash Grove, MO
Our Ash Grove, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Whatever what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Ash Grove, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home selling process as pain-free as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be direct about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Ash Grove, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Ash Grove, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Ash Grove, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Ash Grove, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.