How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Raytown, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Raytown, MO. Are in possession a home in Raytown that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have asbestos or fire damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping houses that have serious damage in the Raytown, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Raytown, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a pleasant home for their Raytown, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Raytown, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property almost impossible to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include unpleasant odors, limited natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a house that wasn’t staged right for showing, or even homes that are outmoded that have unsightly decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Raytown, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for a long time or you inherited the home from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become significant issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Raytown, MO
If your Raytown, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Raytown, MO can learn how to install a new carpet, major repairs such as fire damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the price of many construction essentials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of professionals to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when enlisting the services of a professional, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for turnkey properties. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of the traditional market.
With the first two options, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Raytown, MO
Our Raytown, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Regardless of the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we can take it off your hands. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Raytown, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in Raytown, MO is quick:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your property as quickly as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Raytown, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Raytown, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Raytown, MO As-Is House Buyers | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Raytown, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.