How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Rolla, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Rolla, MO. Do you own a property in Rolla that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained termite or wind damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in flipping homes that have serious damage in the Rolla, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from houses they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (573) 367-5677 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Rolla, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Rolla, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. The thought of added expenses of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Rolla, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property almost impossible to sell to the majority of prospective home buyers include unpleasant odors, little natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a house that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have bad decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Rolla, MO?
Houses, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage repaired whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the property was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe it was rented bad tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, weather events can cause catastrophic damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Rolla, MO
If you want to sell a house in Rolla, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Rolla, MO are able to paint walls, major repairs such as asbestos damage can often only be repaired safely and successfully by professionals. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the price of many construction essentials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire outside contractors to handle the major repairs for you, but again that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $22,000, according to the national average. Even when improvements are professionally done, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Rolla, MO
Our Rolla, MO cash home buyers are honest and non-judgmental. Regardless of what damage your house has sustained or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over 30 years of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Rolla, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home buying process as easy as we can with four easy steps:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your home in as little as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Rolla, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on Rolla, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Rolla, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Rolla, MO clients think about us. Get in touch with us today at (573) 367-5677 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.