Selling a House in Poor Condition in Rolla, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Rolla, MO. We get it, some houses seem impossible to sell. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for the traditional market, or are wondering how on earth you’re going unload a house with extensive water damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Rolla area, and can close in as little as a few weeks. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Rolla, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (573) 367-5677 or tell us about your property through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Rolla, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact phrase. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Typically, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: homes that you can’t live in, houses that need major repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but not ideal. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major remodeling done, but could possibly turn traditional buyers off for other reasons:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Rolla, MO, it will be much harder than selling a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Rolla, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can envision themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to fix up, or hire someone to repair after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a home that is already turnkey property is not as hard to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Rolla, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is the way to get the most value for your home from a traditional buyer. However, you might not recoup the cost of the repairs in the sale. A complete home remodeling will run up to $78,270. According to data from the national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% return on investment. For instance, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 to your final sale price. While investing in significant upgrades will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you probably won’t recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before you can list your house on the Rolla, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — An alternative is to simply raise your Rolla home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can raise a property’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — Some prospective homeowners may buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually fix the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell in poor condition to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Rolla-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we renovate the home and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We carry out our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in just a week
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to mop the floors before we do our inspection.
Our team is made up of a licensed Rolla, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over three decades of experience. We are always honest to Rolla, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we buy and renovate houses to make a moderate amount of money and enhance our Rolla neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, get in touch with us at (573) 367-5677, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Rolla, MO: FAQs
Almost one-third of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most people in Rolla, MO who reach out to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. There are dishonest people in this world who try to trick others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our perfect score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before you sign, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We grew up in the Rolla, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families in the same place. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different factors, including what Rolla, MO neighborhood it’s in, how big it is, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also hire a licensed appraiser who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the property, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Rolla, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Rolla, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering Rolla, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old property keep you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Rolla, MO home in poor condition, call us at (573) 367-5677 or tell us about your property through our website.