Selling a House in Poor Condition in Creve Coeur, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Creve Coeur, MO. We understand, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a traditional buyer, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able to get rid of a house with considerable fire damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Creve Coeur area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as a few weeks. No matter what condition your house is in, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Creve Coeur, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Creve Coeur, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant work done, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, a house is in such bad shape that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- Considerable Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos you can’t eliminate
- Black mold
- Serious foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Considerable electrical issues
- Extensive roof damage
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated home
- It’s been vacant for a long period
- Crimes were committed inside the house
- Dirty surfaces
- Neglected landscape
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Creve Coeur, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Creve Coeur, MO in Poor Condition? Read on For Help
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or pay someone thousands of dollars to bring it up to par after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already in turnkey condition is not as hard to a conventional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Creve Coeur, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is the way to secure the most value for your home from a conventional buyer. However, you may not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. A complete home renovation costs between $17,942-$78,270. According to national resale report, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While making significant repairs will likely get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to recoup all the money you put into the repairs. The repairs will also add significant time to the time before your house is ready for the Creve Coeur, MO market.
- Make minor repairs — An alternative is to simply make your Creve Coeur house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can increase a home’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — Some people may buy a home as-is in an effort to spend less upfront and incrementally make upgrades over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell “as-is” to an as-is home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your home to a cash home buying company in Creve Coeur, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is stress-free and gets cash in your account in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and close in as little as a week
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to talk to is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet before we do our inspection.
Our team consists of a licensed Creve Coeur, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over three decades of experience. We are always honest to Creve Coeur, MO residents about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and enhance our Creve Coeur neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, get in touch with us at (314) 730-0366, or read on to discover more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Creve Coeur, MO: FAQs
31.4% of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most people in Creve Coeur, MO who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: sometimes. The world has no shortage of liars. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our honesty and commitment to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect score with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Creve Coeur, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. The value of your home is based on a variety of aspects, including where in St. Louis, MO it’s located, its size, and how expensive making all the repairs might be. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also hire a credentialed appraiser to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased property from homeowners who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Getting cash for your home is a good way to get the funds to pay off your debts quickly.
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering St. Louis, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.