Selling a House in Poor Condition in Liberty, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Liberty, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the conventional market, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going unload a property with extensive fire damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is homes in the Liberty area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Liberty, MO and want a stress-free solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Liberty, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella phrase. To some homeowners, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Typically, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: homes that no one can live in, houses that need significant remodeling, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, a house is in such bad shape that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major work done — Other houses habitable, but not ideal. Houses in need of major repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may turn traditional buyers off for other reasons:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Liberty, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in Liberty, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most home buyers want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or hire someone to fix after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is easier on the traditional market, you still have a few options for selling your Liberty, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major upgrades — This is the way to secure the most value for your home from a traditional buyer. However, the cost of getting there is high. A total house remodeling costs up to almost $80,000. According to national resale report, most repairs only get a 50-70% return on investment. For instance, the average minor kitchen remodel costs $28,279, but only adds $20,1225 in value to your home. While making major repairs will likely get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The upgrades will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your house on the Liberty, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — Another way to sell your home easier is to merely increase your Liberty home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can boost a property’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The cosmetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and incrementally repair the house over time. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still want an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell “as-is” to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your property to a cash home buyer in Liberty, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets money in your pocket in as little as a month:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the best possible offer while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in as little as 7 days
Our process puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Liberty, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with more than 30 years of experience. We are always direct to Liberty, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and give Liberty families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition for cash, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Liberty, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most Liberty, MO homeowners who call us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of scammers. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our integrity and devotion to our neighborhoods. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before any documents are signed, and in 20+ years we have never backed out of a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We grew up in the Liberty, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families in the same place. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, how big it is, and the condition its in. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous web pages, like Zillow, that offer home value estimates. You can also consult with a licensed appraiser who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Liberty, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a bad experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has more than three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners get fair value for their properties. Don’t let an old house hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.