Selling a House in Poor Condition in Bel-Nor, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Bel-Nor, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are asking yourself if you’re ever going to be able to get rid of a property with extensive termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is properties in the Bel-Nor area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Bel-Nor, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property through our website.
When Is a House in Bel-Nor, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective phrase. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need major remodeling, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- Extensive Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Extensive foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Considerable electrical issues
- Extensive roof damage
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of major work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but could possibly not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated house
- It’s been vacant a long time
- Crimes were committed inside the home
- Dirty surfaces
- Neglected landscape
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Bel-Nor, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in Bel-Nor, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or hire someone to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a house that is already in turnkey condition is easier to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Bel-Nor, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This will get the most money for your house from a traditional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total house remodeling will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% cost recuperation. For example, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 in value to your home. While investing in major repairs will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The repairs will also add significant time to the time before you can list your property on the Bel-Nor, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — An alternative is to simply increase your Bel-Nor home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can increase a home’s sale price by 7% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will improve offers from prospective buyers, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — Some people may buy a property in poor condition with the hope of spending less upfront and incrementally make upgrades over the years. Those will be harder to find, and they’ll still expect an empty house that’s well-staged when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell in its current condition to an as-is home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your property to a company that pays cash for Bel-Nor-area homes. At Evervest, we give all cash offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we rehabilitate the home and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is easy and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- When you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in just 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely stress-free. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a licensed Bel-Nor, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with more than 30 years of experience. We are always straightforward to Bel-Nor, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re not going to get rich off selling your property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and give Bel-Nor families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, get in touch with us at (314) 730-0366, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Bel-Nor, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly one-third of American homes sell to cash buyers, according to a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to an as-is buyer is becoming a more popular option, most Bel-Nor, MO homeowners who inquire to us still want to know more about the process. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of scammers. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and dedication to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in more than two decades we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We’re from the Bel-Nor, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children in the same place. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. The value of your home is based on a variety of aspects, including what Bel-Nor, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also consult with a professional assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Yes. We’ve purchased houses from homeowners who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Selling a home for cash is a good way to get the funds to pay off your debts quickly.
Are you going to pay me in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Bel-Nor, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering St. Louis, MO residents get full value for their properties. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property through our website.