Selling a House in Poor Condition in Gladstone, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Gladstone, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for a conventional buyer, or are wondering how on earth you’re going to get rid of a house with extensive fire damage, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is properties in the Gladstone area, and can close in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Gladstone, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.
When Is a House in Gladstone, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella phrase. To some, it may mean a house that is unlivable, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three categories: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant repairs, and houses that just need some fine tuning:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, a house is in such poor condition that no one can live in it without the risk of getting sick or hurt. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Dying HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses don’t need major remodeling done, but might turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re trying to sell a house in poor condition in Gladstone, MO, it will be much harder than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Gladstone, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to put work into, or hire someone to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already turnkey property is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Gladstone, MO house in poor condition:
- Make major repairs — This will get the most value for your home on the conventional market. However, the cost of getting there is high. An entire home remodeling costs up to $78,270. According to research from the national cost vs. value averages, most repairs only get a 50-70% ROI. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While investing in major repairs will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your home on the Gladstone, MO market.
- Make aesthetic repairs — Another option is to merely make your Gladstone house more attractive. Curb appeal by itself can increase a home’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint a home’s interior
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The aesthetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a home in poor condition in an effort to spend less upfront and slowly fix the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. All of that takes additional time and money.
- Sell “as-is” to a cash home buyer — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Gladstone-area homes. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for the current value of the property. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in just 7 days
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your home. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a licensed Gladstone, MO real estate broker, and a contractor with over three decades of experience. We are always honest to Gladstone, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and give Gladstone families a place to settle down.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to a cash home buyer, get in touch with us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Gladstone, MO: FAQs
31.4% of U.S. home purchases are paid for with cash, according to a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most Gladstone, MO homeowners who call us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
The short answer is: it can be. There are dishonest people in this world who lie to others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we pride ourselves on our integrity and dedication to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in more than two decades we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t abide by its terms.
We grew up in the Gladstone, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids in the same place. We do not want to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely think is fair. The value of your home will depend on numerous different things, including what Gladstone, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and the cost of making all the repairs. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a professional assessor to help you understand how much your home is worth.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to cover the full purchase of the house, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Gladstone, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or get your offer online.