Selling a House in Poor Condition in Velda Village, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Velda Village, MO. We get it, it seems impossible to get some houses off your hands. Whether you don’t want to make the minor updates necessary for the traditional market, or are wondering if you’re ever going to be able sell a property with significant asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers can offer you a solution. We pay full value, in cash, for as-is houses in the Velda Village area, and can put cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Velda Village, MO and want a a fast and easy solution, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Velda Village, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an umbrella phrase. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the walls need repainting. Typically, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: houses that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant work done, and houses that need cosmetic updates:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, a house is in such bad condition that no one can safely live in it. Examples of unlivable houses include:
- Serious Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Significant foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Serious electrical issues
- Serious roof damage
- 2. Houses that need major repairs — Other houses habitable, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Expiring HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses that need updating or are otherwise undesirable — Some houses don’t need major repairs done, but may turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
- The house is in bad part of town
- It’s a rental and you have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated house
- It’s been vacant a long time
- Crimes were committed at the property
- Dirty surfaces
- Neglected grass
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you need to sell a house in poor condition in Velda Village, MO, it may be more difficult than selling a house that’s already in pristine condition, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Velda Village, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to fix up, or hire someone to bring it up to par after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a house that is already turnkey property is easier to a traditional buyer, there are still ways you can sell your Velda Village, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will get the most value for your property on the traditional market. However, the cost of getting there is high. A complete house remodeling will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to data from the national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% cost recuperation. For example, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 to your final sale price. While making major repairs will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Velda Village, MO market.
- Make cosmetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is simply improve your Velda Village home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can improve a property’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you’ll be giving up substantially less money than if you do a full renovation. The cosmetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the traditional market — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a house in poor condition with the hope of spending less on the down payment and slowly repair the house over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before the house is sold.
- Sell “as-is” to an as-is home buyer — The final option is to sell your property to a cash home buyer in Velda Village, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for the current value of the property. Then, we make the repairs ourselves and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is simple and gets cash in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We come to your home and do our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still setting ourselves up for a profit
- If you accept our offer, we can have a contract ready and close in as little as 7 days
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your house. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team is made up of a professional Velda Village, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with more than three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Velda Village, MO homeowners about how much their property is worth, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to make a moderate amount of money and give Velda Village families a place to settle down.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, reach out to us at (314) 730-0366, or read on to find out more about the cash home buying process.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Velda Village, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
Almost one-third of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While more people may be seeing the value in selling a house in poor condition for cash, most Velda Village, MO homeowners who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately it can be. The world has no shortage of scammers. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and commitment to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can look at our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before you sign, and in 20+ years we have never gone back on a contract because we didn’t follow its terms.
We’re from the Velda Village, MO area, and are proud to raise our own children where we grew up. We’re not trying to cheat any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. The value of your home will depend on a variety of aspects, including where in St. Louis, MO it’s located, its size, and the cost of making all the repairs. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that give approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a credentialed appraiser who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased property from people who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Getting cash for your home is a good way to get the funds to become debt-free quickly.
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll wire the money to your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the property, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Velda Village, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering St. Louis, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged home hold you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.