Selling a House in Poor Condition in Fenton, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Fenton, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you aren’t predisposed to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for a conventional buyer, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going to get rid of a house with significant termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Fenton area, and can complete the transfer in as little as 30 days. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we will make you an offer. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Fenton, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Fenton, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean a home that needs major repairs, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need major remodeling, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that you can’t live in — Sometimes, a house is in such bad condition that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but uncomfortably. Houses in need of serious work are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to surfaces and siding
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of aesthetic updates or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but may turn traditional buyers off because of other issues:
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Fenton, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in Fenton, MO in Poor Condition? You Have a Few Options
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to work on for years, or hire someone to bring it up to par after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a property that is already in turnkey condition is easier on the conventional market, you still have a few options for selling your Fenton, MO house in poor condition:
- Invest in major repairs — This will secure the most value for your home from a conventional buyer. However, you may not recoup the cost of the repairs in the sale. An entire home renovation will run between $17,942-$78,270. According to national cost vs. value report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% cost recuperation. For example, the average bathroom remodel costs $27,164, but only adds $15,990 to your final sale price. While investing in major repairs will almost certainly get you the most money for your house at final sale, you probably won’t recoup all the money you spent on repairs. The upgrades will also add months or even a year to the time before you can list your property on the Fenton, MO market.
- Make minor repairs — An alternative is to simply increase your Fenton home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal alone can improve a property’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of cosmetic upgrades is not nearly as much:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 to replace faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While you also won’t get all that money back, you’ll be giving up substantially less money than if you do a full renovation. The cosmetic upgrades will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a traditional buyers — There are some conventional buyers who will buy a house in poor condition in an effort to spend less upfront and gradually fix the house over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still expect the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell in poor condition to a cash home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your house to an as-is home buyer in Fenton, MO. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in any condition. Then, we renovate the home and make a moderate profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets cash in your hand in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you accept our offer, we can write up a contract and close in as little as 7 days
The way we do things puts no pressure on you and gets you fair value for your property. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll deal with is the person who’s making the purchase. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to vacuum the carpet when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Fenton, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with more than three decades of experience. We are always honest to Fenton, MO homeowners about the value of their home, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we buy and rehabilitate houses to make a moderate amount of money and enhance our Fenton neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, get in touch with us at (314) 730-0366, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Fenton, MO: Frequently Asked Questions
31.4% of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming an increasingly popular option, most people in Fenton, MO who call us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. The world has no shortage of dishonest people. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our honesty and commitment to our neighborhoods. If you have any doubts, you can check out our client testimonials and our perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®. We’ll always show you proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in over 20 years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We’re from the Fenton, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on numerous different aspects, including what Fenton, MO neighborhood it’s in, its size, and the cost of making all the repairs. The more the repairs, the less we’ll want to pay for it. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many web pages, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a licensed assessor who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is nice to think about, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to cover the full purchase of the home, and aren’t won’t be getting a mortgage.
Other types of properties we buy in Fenton, MO include:
- Selling a Rental Property
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering St. Louis, MO homeowners a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let an old home weigh you down; get the funds to move to the next stage of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property online.