Selling a House in Poor Condition in Brentwood, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Brentwood, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be difficult. Whether you aren’t predisposed to make the minor updates necessary for the conventional market, or are wondering how on earth you’re going unload a house with serious asbestos presence, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your unwanted property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is properties in the Brentwood area, and can close in as little as a few weeks. No matter what shape your property is in, we are interested in buying it. If you’re selling a home in poor condition in Brentwood, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your property through our website.
What is Meant By a Home in “Poor Condition” in Brentwood, MO?
“Poor condition,” is an inexact term. To some, it may mean massive damage, to others it may simply mean the carpet needs some serious cleaning. Generally, houses in poor condition can be broken down into three categories: houses that no one can live in, houses that need extensive remodeling, and houses that need aesthetic updates:
- 1. Houses that are uninhabitable — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that no one can safely live in it. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- Serious Fire or water damage
- Lead and/or asbestos that can’t be removed
- Black mold
- Serious foundation issues
- Termite damage
- Serious electrical issues
- Considerable roof damage
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses can be lived in, but still have major issues. Houses in need of serious fixes are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small cracks in the foundation
- 3. Houses in need of updating or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
- The house is in bad neighborhood
- You have bad tenants
- It’s an outdated home
- It’s been vacant for a long period
- Crimes were committed at the property
- Stained surfaces
- Neglected lawn
- Peeling paint
- Minor wood rot
If you’re selling a house in poor condition in Brentwood, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a house that’s already in pristine shape, but that doesn’t mean it’s completely unsellable.
Selling a House in Brentwood, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house to live comfortably in right away, not one they’ll have to fix up, or hire someone to fix after they’ve already spent money on the house. While selling a home that is already turnkey property is easier to a conventional buyer, you still have a few options for selling your Brentwood, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This is how you can secure the most value for your house from a traditional buyer. However, the repairs may not add enough value for you to get your money back. A total home renovation will run up to $78,270. According to national resale averages, most repairs don’t even get a 70% cost recuperation. For instance, the average vinyl siding replacement costs $18,662, but only adds $12,541 in value to your home. While making major repairs will likely fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The repairs will also take time, and it could be months or even a year before your house is ready for the Brentwood, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — An alternative is to simply improve your Brentwood home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can boost a property’s value by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you won’t be spending nearly as much money. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as the first option.
- Sell your home “as-is” to a conventional buyers — Some prospective homeowners may buy a house as-is with the hope of spending less upfront and slowly fix the house over time. There aren’t many of those, and they’ll still want the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll make the home look nice when they see it. That alone can lead to you spending more money.
- Sell in poor condition to an as-is home buyer — Lastly, you can sell your house to an as-is home buyer in Brentwood, MO. At Evervest, we buy homes in any condition for fair value. Then, we renovate the home and make a small profit off the resale. Our process is easy and gets money in your pocket in as little as 30 days:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- If you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in as little as 7 days
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely hassle-free. You won’t have to deal with dozens of people coming in and out of your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to do the dishes when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Brentwood, MO real estate broker, and a construction crew with over 30 years of experience. We are always honest to Brentwood, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we came to that number. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and enhance our Brentwood neighborhoods.
If you’re interested in selling your house in poor condition for cash, call us at (314) 730-0366, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Brentwood, MO: FAQs
Nearly one-third of U.S. homes sell to cash buyers, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming a more popular option, most people in Brentwood, MO who call us still have questions about the process. The following are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who try to trick others for money. But selling to Evervest is not a scam; we pride ourselves on our integrity and devotion to our communities. If you still have concerns, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before the purchase is complete, and in 20+ years we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We grew up in the Brentwood, MO area, and are proud to raise our own kids where we grew up. We’re not trying to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know how much my home is really worth as-is?
We always strive to give offers that we truly believe are fair. How much your home is worth will depend on a variety of things, including where in St. Louis, MO it’s located, its size, and how much repairing it will cost us. The more the repairs, the more it’s value will go down. Still, there are many ways you can find out how much you should get for your as-is property. There are numerous sites, like Zillow, that offer approximations of your homes value. You can also consult with a professional assessor who can give you their professional opinion.
Can I sell my house if I’m in debt?
Yes. We’ve purchased property from homeowners who owe back taxes and have houses in foreclosure. Selling a home for cash is a great way to get the money to pay off your debts fast.
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While the idea of a suitcase full of cash is fun, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own funds to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t taking out a loan.
Other types of properties we buy in Brentwood, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a House in Poor Condition in St. Louis, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but we can offer a solution. Evervest Home Buyers has over 30 years of experience offering St. Louis, MO homeowners get fair value for their properties. Don’t let a damaged home weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your St. Louis, MO home in poor condition, call us at (314) 730-0366 or contact us through our website.