Selling a House in Poor Condition in Sugar Creek, MO
Selling a house in poor condition in Sugar Creek, MO. Selling a house that needs major repairs can be daunting. Whether you don’t want to deal with repainting, cleaning, and staging for the conventional market, or are asking yourself how on earth you’re going unload a home with significant termite damage, Evervest Home Buyers is here to take your poor condition property off your hands. We Give fair, all-cash offers for as-is homes in the Sugar Creek area, and can complete the transfer in as little as a few weeks. Whatever type of repairs your home needs, we are interested in buying it. If you need to sell a home in poor condition in Sugar Creek, MO and want a home-selling experience with no hassle, call Evervest today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us through our website.
When Is a House in Sugar Creek, MO Considered to Be in Poor Condition?
“Poor condition,” is a subjective term. To some, it may mean massive damage, to others it may simply mean the windows need to be caulked. Typically, houses in poor condition can fall into three group: homes that are uninhabitable, houses that need significant remodeling, and houses that need cosmetic updates:
- 1. Houses that no one can live in — Sometimes, the damage to a home is so bad that it does not provide the basic shelter a home has to. Examples of uninhabitable houses include:
- 2. Houses that need significant repairs — Other houses habitable, but not ideal. Houses in need of serious repairs are houses with:
- Plumbing issues
- Minor electrical issues
- Failing HVAC systems
- Damaged kitchen
- Damaged light fixtures
- Damage to walls, garage, floors, or ceiling
- Damaged chimney
- Small issues with the foundation
- 3. Houses that need cosmetic fixes or are other minor patchwork — Some houses aren’t necessarily in bad shape, but might not be appealing to conventional home buyer for other reasons:
If you’re looking to sell a house in poor condition in Sugar Creek, MO, it may be more difficult than finding a buyer for a turnkey house, but you do have some options.
Selling a House in Sugar Creek, MO in Poor Condition? Here’s What You Can Do
Most people looking to buy a home want a house they can envision themselves relaxing in, not one they’ll have to fix up, or pay someone thousands of dollars to fix after the cost they put into the purchase. While selling a home that is already turnkey property is not as hard on the conventional market, you still have a few options for selling your Sugar Creek, MO house in poor condition:
- Do a complete remodel — This will secure the most value for your home from a conventional buyer. However, you may not get back the cost of the repairs in the sale. A complete house remodeling costs between $17,942-$78,270. According to national resale report, most repairs don’t even get a 70% ROI. For example, the average roof replacement for asphalt shingles costs $31,535, but only adds $18,780 to your final sale price. While making major upgrades will almost certainly fetch the highest bid for your house, you’re unlikely to profit off of the repairs you made. The upgrades will also add significant time to the time before you can list your house on the Sugar Creek, MO market.
- Make aesthetic upgrades — Another thing you can do is simply increase your Sugar Creek home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal by itself can raise a home’s sale price by almost 10% or more. The cost of minor upgrades is much easier to fit in a budget:
- $153-$929 for a light fixture
- $161-$363 for new faucets
- $1,2000-$3,900 to repaint all the interior walls
- $350-$3,500 to refinish cabinets
While the return on investment isn’t very high either, you’ll be sacrificing considerably less money than if you do a full renovation. The added curb appeal will lead to a higher offer, though not as much as making major repairs.
- Sell your home “as-is” on the conventional market — There are some traditional buyers who will buy a property as-is with the hope of spending less on the down payment and gradually make upgrades over time. Those will be more difficult to find, and they’ll still expect the house to be clean, the grass to be mowed, and that you’ll put effort into staging the home. That will further increase the time and money spent before you can unload the home.
- Sell “as-is” to cash home buying company — The final option is to sell your home to a company that pays cash for Sugar Creek-area homes. At Evervest, we give fair offers for homes in poor condition. Then, we make all the necessary repairs and upgrades ourselves and sell the property at a slightly higher value. Our process is simple and gets money in your hand in as little as a month:
- We perform our own inspection
- We give you the highest offer we can while still seeing the property as an investment for ourselves
- When you agree to sell to us, we can have a contract ready and complete the sale in as little as a week
The way we do things is not only fair and fast, but it’s entirely nuisance-free. You won’t have to deal with real estate agents, inspectors, appraisers, and getting ready for prospective buyers to come and see your home. The only person you’ll have to see is the person that’s buying your home. We are discrete and nonjudgmental; you don’t even have to pick the socks up off the floor when we come over to look at your home.
Our team consists of a licensed Sugar Creek, MO real estate broker, and a construction expert with over three decades of experience. We are always straightforward to Sugar Creek, MO residents about the value of their home, and how we valued it. We’re don’t get rich off the sale of one property; we do what we do to earn a moderate profit and improve our Sugar Creek neighborhoods.
If want to learn more about selling your house in poor condition to an as-is home buyer, call us at (816) 368-8508, or read on below.
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Sugar Creek, MO: FAQs
31.4% of American home purchases are paid for with cash, according data from a Redfin report. While selling a house in poor condition to a cash buyer is becoming a more popular option, most Sugar Creek, MO homeowners who inquire to us still have questions about the process. Below are some of the questions we get the most concerning selling a house as-is:
Is the cash home buying process a scam?
Unfortunately sometimes. There are dishonest people in this world who try to trick others for money. But there are no scams involved when you sell to Evervest; we are intent and intentional about our honesty and commitment to our communities. If you have any doubts, you can read our client testimonials and our A+ score with the Better Business Bureau®. You’ll see proof of funds before you sign, and in more than two decades we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
We grew up in the Sugar Creek, MO area, and are proud to raise our own families where we grew up. We do not want to be dishonest with any of our neighbors.
How do I know the true value of my home as-is?
Our offer will be what we genuinely believe is fair. How much your home is worth is based on numerous different aspects, including where in Kansas City, MO it’s located, how big it is, and how much repairing it will cost us. More repairs equals lower value. Still, there are ways to do your own research. There are many sites, like Zillow, that give home value estimates. You can also hire a licensed appraiser who can give you their estimate.
Can I sell my house if there’s a lien on it?
Do I get paid in actual cash?
No. While it might sound fun to have bags full of cash, we’ll pay you through an electronic transfer into your account. “Cash buyer” means we’re using our own money to pay for the full value of the house, and aren’t depending on a lender.
Other types of properties we buy in Sugar Creek, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a House in Poor Condition in Kansas City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
Selling a house in poor condition can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Evervest Home Buyers has over three decades of experience offering Kansas City, MO residents a fast and stress-free home selling experience. Don’t let a damaged house weigh you down; turn it into a jumping board to the next phase of your life today. To sell your Kansas City, MO home in poor condition, call us at (816) 368-8508 or tell us about your property online.