How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Fenton, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Fenton, MO. Are in possession a property in Fenton that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained asbestos or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that need major repairs in the Fenton, MO area. In our 30 years of experience, we’ve helped over 700 people move on from properties they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Fenton, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Fenton, MO family. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in Fenton, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home almost impossible to sell to most potential home buyers include bad smells, little natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a house that’s cluttered, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad decor like old appliances.
Why Do Some Fenton, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for months or years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who trashed the placed. As we’ve seen recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can cause major damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Fenton, MO
If you want to sell a house in Fenton, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Fenton, MO homeowners can teach themselves how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many materials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of outside contractors to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring general contractors, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not yield a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for homes that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey shape, you’ll save a significant amount of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Fenton, MO
Our Fenton, MO cash home buyers are honest and discreet. Whatever what repairs your house needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Fenton, MO communities.
We make the home selling process as simple as we can with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and we’ll even take any objects that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your home in as little as a month. We are always honest about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Fenton, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves in the future. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other types of homes we buy on Fenton, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Fenton, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see what our previous Fenton, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.