How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Clayton, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Clayton, MO. Do you own a home in Clayton that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair, all-cash offers for homes that need major repairs in the Clayton, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families move on from properties they no longer wanted. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Clayton, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want one in turnkey condition so their Clayton, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Serious damage that we often see in Clayton, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include bad odors, little natural light, bad architecture like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even homes that are out of fashion that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Clayton, MO?
Properties, like cars, can suffer from wear and tear and require minor upkeep annually. When slight damage isn’t taken care of, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural events can cause catastrophic damage in no time.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Clayton, MO
If you want to sell a house in Clayton, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many Clayton, MO residents can learn how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as termite damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you have extensive construction experience yourself, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as lumber is still fluctuating.
- Hire contractors to make the repairs — You can hire experts to handle the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while a full kitchen remodel can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when hiring a professional, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They typically look for homes that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is property for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Clayton, MO
Our Clayton, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we can take it off your hands. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for over three decades. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our Clayton, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
We make the home selling process as easy as possible with four easy steps:
We perform an inspection ourselves and the only person you’ll be dealing with is the one buying your property. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as 30 days. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your Clayton, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to see the other services we offer on Clayton, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Clayton, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone trustworthy. We are proud to have a Five-Star rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Clayton, MO residents get rid of properties that needed serious repairs. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.