How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs St. Charles, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in St. Charles, MO. Are in possession a property in St. Charles that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained termite or hail damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing houses that have serious damage in the St. Charles, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses they felt were holding them back. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Charles, MO
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually are looking for one in turnkey condition so their St. Charles, MO family can feel at home. While some might be open to making light cosmetic repairs themselves, or even like the idea of putting their own spin on a home, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They’re already spending a hefty sum of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common major repairs needed in St. Charles, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a home “unsellable” to most prospective home buyers include bad odors, limited natural light, bad construction like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unsightly decor like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in St. Charles, MO?
Properties, like cars, need to be maintained and need to have slight damage repaired whenever it appears. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become become exacerbated and turn into more serious damage.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. In situations like what happened recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, weather events can tragically cause damage to a house as well.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Charles, MO
If you want to sell a house in St. Charles, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in St. Charles, MO are able to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to deal with the damage — You can enlist the services of experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will eat into how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost up to $11,000, while a full kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not necessarily look to buy turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in St. Charles, MO
Our St. Charles, MO cash home buyers are straightforward and discreet. Whatever the condition your home is in or where it’s located, we would like to purchase it. Our team consists of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over three decades. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in being part of our St. Charles, MO communities and using our skills to improve them.
Our home buying process in St. Charles, MO is quick:
We conduct our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you wash the dishes before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house in as little as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to give you as much as we can for your St. Charles, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of homes we buy on St. Charles, MO:
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in St. Charles, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other St. Charles, MO residents get rid of an unwanted properties. Call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online to sell your house that needs major repairs.