How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Affton, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Affton, MO. Do you have a property in Affton that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have mold or wind damage, or have uneven floors? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in fixing up homes that have serious damage in the Affton, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners get rid of houses they felt were holding them back. If you need to sell house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Affton, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a comfortable home for their Affton, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The thought of added costs of hiring somebody, or the time it would take to handle the repairs themselves, is unappealing.
Serious damage that we have experience with in Affton, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a home difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, restricted natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a home that’s unstaged, or even outdated properties that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Affton, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Homes, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor repairs annually. When minor fixes aren’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for years or the house was inherited from a family member who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If you were renting the home, maybe you had difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, weather events can quickly cause damage to a home as well.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Affton, MO
If you want to sell a house in Affton, MO that needs major repairs, you typically have three options:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many Affton, MO residents can figure out how to paint walls, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, much of what you might make by selling the house fully repaired would be lost in materials, when the cost of many commodities such as lumber is still going up and down.
- Hire someone to make the repairs — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like doing it yourself, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in homes that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, and drive their business of the slight profit they get when they resell it. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars, months of construction crews and labor, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll have the added costs of third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Affton, MO
Our Affton, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Regardless of what repairs your home needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we we can offer you a solution. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has over 30 years of construction experience. We consider ourselves to be more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Affton, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Affton, MO is simple:
We perform an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can close on your house as quickly as a month. We are always honest about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Affton, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Affton, MO:
- Selling a Rental Property
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling an Inherited House
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Affton, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Affton property. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can read our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Affton, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.