How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Smithville, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Smithville, MO. Do you own a property in Smithville that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Has it sustained termite or wind damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that have serious damage in the Smithville, MO area. In our three decades buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that needed repairs they couldn’t do themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Hard Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Smithville, MO?
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Smithville, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that’s in horrible shape. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have a mortgage to pay for monthly. The idea of added costs of paying contractors, or the time it would take to do the repairs themselves, does not attract many buyers.
Common serious damage in Smithville, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property “unsellable” to a traditional buyer include unpleasant odors, restricted natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a house that’s cluttered, or even outdated properties that have unsightly furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Smithville, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Properties, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and require minor repairs from time to time. When that doesn’t happen, maybe in the event that a property was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who couldn’t properly take care of it. Those minor nicks and scratches can become serious problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did not treat the propert well. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in Greater St. Louis, natural disasters can cause major damage in no time.
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Smithville, MO
If your Smithville, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many people in Smithville, MO can teach themselves how to fix a loose shower head, major repairs such as water damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the price of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to deal with the damage — You can hire experts to take care of the major repairs for you, but, like like the previous option, that will eat into any profit you’d make by selling on the traditional market. replacing an entire roof can cost over $8,000, according to the national average, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost up to $33,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in turnkey properties. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in turnkey condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the property as-is, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Smithville, MO
Our Smithville, MO cash home buyers are direct and open minded. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we want to discuss it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has more than 30 years of construction experience. We see ourselves as more than just house flippers. We are home investors that take pride in helping the same Smithville, MO neighborhoods we were raised in improve.
Our home buying process in Smithville, MO is simple:
We conduct an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. For our inspections, we don’t even ask that you pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your home in as little as a month. We will always be direct about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our objective is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Smithville, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal agreed to.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Smithville, MO:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Smithville, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have a perfect rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can take a look at our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Smithville, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.