How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Lone Jack, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Lone Jack, MO. Are in possession a home in Lone Jack that you’re worried is impossible to sell? Does it have mold or fire damage, or have a cracked foundation? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Lone Jack, MO area. In our three decades of experience, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you have an unwanted house that needs major repairs, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
How Difficult Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lone Jack, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Lone Jack, MO family. While some may be OK with putting a new carpet in, almost nobody on the traditional market will want to buy a house that needs major repairs. They’re already using a lot of their savings on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to keep in mind. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common major repairs needed in Lone Jack, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other problems that can make a property difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include unpleasant smells, limited natural light, bad architecture like low ceilings, a home that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even homes that are outmoded that have bad decor like ugly carpets.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Lone Jack, MO?
Houses, like musical instruments, need to be maintained and need to have minor damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When minor damage isn’t taken care of, maybe in the event that a house was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become serious problems.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had difficult tenants who did serious damage. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in the St. Louis area, natural disasters can cause serious damage with little to no notice.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lone Jack, MO
If your Lone Jack, MO home needs major repairs, you typically have three choices:
- Handle the repairs yourself — While many people in Lone Jack, MO are able to change a carpet, major repairs such as mold damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, which is even harder to stomach in today’s economy as the cost of many commodities such as wood is still fluctuating.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but, like like the previous option, that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. replacing an entire roof can cost at minimum $5,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when improvements are professionally done, you do not get a full return on investment with most remodelings.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for houses that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses that need a fair amount of repairs, so they can make a profit when they resell it. While you won’t sell an as-is home for as much as you would if it was in perfect condition, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
With the first two options, you’ll also have to pay for third-party inspectors and appraisers, give a realtor 6% of the final sale, and endure months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Lone Jack, MO
Our Lone Jack, MO cash home buyers are direct and considerate. Whatever the condition your property is in or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is composed of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Lone Jack, MO neighborhoods.
We make the home selling process as simple as possible with four easy steps:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and you will only directly talk to the person buying your house. When we do our inspection, you don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over, and you can leave any unwanted objects or faulty appliances when you go.
We can complete the purchase your property as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about how much your home is worth and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to offer you the most amount of money possible for your Lone Jack, MO property while still having it make financial sense for us. In the entire time we’ve been in business, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Click on the links below to see the other services we offer on Lone Jack, MO:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Lone Jack, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Lone Jack property. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see how we’ve helped other Lone Jack, MO residents move on from an unwanted properties. Get in touch with us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.