How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Platte City, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Platte City, MO. Do you have a property in Platte City that needs serious repairs before it goes on the conventional housing market? Has it sustained mold or hail damage, or have bad tenants? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in repairing homes that need major repairs in the Platte City, MO area. To date, we’ve helped over 700 homeowners move on from houses that had too much damage for them to fix themselves. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website.
What it Means to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Platte City, MO
Most people in the market to buy a house are looking for one in turnkey condition so their Platte City, MO family can feel at home. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, a traditional home buyer will usually not be interested in a house that needs major repairs. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money when closing and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to spend the time and money to make major repairs.
Major repairs needed that we often see in Platte City, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a property almost impossible to sell to the majority of potential home buyers include disagreeable odors, little natural light, poor design like low ceilings, a home that’s cluttered, or even homes that are out of fashion that have bad furnishing like ugly carpets.
Why Do Some Platte City, MO Homes Need Major Repairs?
Houses, like musical instruments, can suffer from wear and tear and need to have slight damage taken care of whenever it emerges. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the home was vacant for months or years or the house was inherited from a loved one who wasn’t physically able to stick with the upkeep. Those minor nicks and scratches can become serious issues.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had bad tenants who did not treat the propert well. As we’ve seen recently with flooding in Greater St. Louis, weather events can cause serious damage in no time.
Options for Selling a House That Needs Major Repairs in Platte City, MO
If your Platte City, MO home needs major repairs, you can take one of three options:
- Fix up your house yourself — While many Platte City, MO homeowners can teach themselves how to fix a cabinet door, major repairs such as fire damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you consider yourself an expert handy-man or woman, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many construction essentials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire someone to repair the house for you — You can enlist the services of experts to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from any profit you’d make by selling the house. A roof replacement can cost anywhere from $5,500 to $11,000, while redoing an entire kitchen can cost $20,000 to $50,000. Even when enlisting the services of general contractors, the cost vs. value of most remodeling jobs does not give a full return on investment.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers are not usually interested in houses that are in turnkey condition. They typically look for homes they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While the sale itself won’t be as high as if the house was fully repaired, you’ll save untold amounts of money, months of construction crews and labor, and the convoluted process of trying to find a traditional house buyer.
If you don’t sell the house as-is, you’ll have the added expenses of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, pay a realtor fee, and wait months or even years to repair everything and find a buyer.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell Your House As-Is in Platte City, MO
Our Platte City, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Regardless of what repairs your property needs or what neighborhood it’s in, we we can offer you a solution. Our team includes a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been in the construction business for over 30 years. We consider ourselves to be more than just house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Platte City, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Platte City, MO is quick:
We carry out an inspection ourselves and do not use an outside realtor. When we do our inspection, we don’t even ask that you tidy up before we come over, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can complete the purchase your house as quickly as a month. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give fair, all-cash offers. Our objective is to give you as much as possible for your Platte City, MO property while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves. In our 30 years of experience, we have never written a contract that we didn’t close on due to us backing out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Click on the links below to discover the other types of properties we buy on Platte City, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
Selling a Property That Needs Major Repairs in Platte City, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you’re selling a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who will pay you the full value of your Platte City property. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Platte City, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online so you never have to worry about selling a house with major repairs again.