How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs Blue Springs, MO
How to sell a house that needs major repairs in Blue Springs, MO. Are in possession a home in Blue Springs that needs serious repairs before it goes on the traditional housing market? Has it sustained termite or hail damage, or have low ceilings? Evervest Home Buyers specializes in giving fair and fast offers for homes that have serious damage in the Blue Springs, MO area. In our 30 years buying and selling houses, we’ve helped over 700 individuals and families get rid of houses they felt were holding them back. If you want to unload house that needs major repairs, get in touch with Evervest Home Buyers today at (816) 368-8508 or contact us online.
How Easy Is It to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Blue Springs, MO?
When someone is interested in buying a house, they usually want a place where they can move in and immediately feel like they have a cozy home for their Blue Springs, MO family. While some may be OK with repainting the walls, almost nobody on the traditional market will be interested in a house with serious damage. They just dedicated a considerable amount of money on the down payment and have monthly mortgage payments to make. They’re unlikely to want to make the extra investment of repairing the damage themselves.
Common serious damage in Blue Springs, MO include:
- Condemned properties
- Fire or water damage
- Lead or asbestos
- Plumbing issues
- Wind or hail damage
- A foundation that’s starting to crack
- Termite damage
- Holes in the roof or floor
Other issues that can make a house difficult to sell to a traditional buyer include bad odors, little natural light, bad construction like a poor floor plan, a house that wasn’t staged to appeal to home buyers, or even outdated properties that have unappealing furnishing like old appliances.
What Causes the Need for Major Repairs in Blue Springs, MO?
Properties, like cars, need to be maintained and require minor repairs annually. When that doesn’t happen, such as if the home was vacant for years or you inherited the home from a family member who couldn’t properly take care of it. Minor damage can become worsen and cause serious damage.
If the home was a rental property, maybe you had irresponsible tenants who trashed the placed. In situations like what happened recently with the historic floods in the St. Louis area, weather events can cause major damage with little to no notice.
What You Can Do to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Blue Springs, MO
If you want to sell a house in Blue Springs, MO that needs major repairs, you can take one of three choices:
- Make the repairs yourself — While many people in Blue Springs, MO can learn how to change a carpet, major repairs such as asbestos damage need to be handled by professionals in order to do so safely. Even if you’re confident in your abilities, you would spend much of the potential profit from selling the house on materials, when the cost of many materials such as wood is still not down to pre-COVID levels.
- Hire contractors to repair the house for you — You can hire professionals to repair the damage for you, but again that will take away from how much money you’ll get from the sale. A roof replacement can cost up to $11,000, while a complete kitchen remodel can cost up to $33,000. Even when hiring general contractors, you do not get a full return on investment with most repairs.
- Sell your house “as-is” — As-is house buyers do not typically look for homes that are in turnkey condition. They usually buy houses they can repair themselves and later sell for more money. While you won’t sell an as-is house for as much as you would if it was in perfect shape, you’ll save untold amounts of money, hundreds of labor hours, and the stress of the traditional market.
If you don’t sell the home as-is, you’ll have the added costs of hiring other people to carry out an inspection, give a real estate agent their percentage of the sale, and endure months or even years before the house is ready to be listed and you find someone to buy it.
Why Choose Evervest Home Buyers to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Blue Springs, MO
Our Blue Springs, MO cash home buyers are direct and discreet. Whatever what repairs your property needs or where it’s located, we are interested in purchasing it. Our team is made up of a licensed Real Estate Broker and has been buying and repairing houses for more than 30 years. We see ourselves as more than mere house flippers. We invest in homes and in our Blue Springs, MO communities.
Our home buying process in Blue Springs, MO is stress-free:
We perform our own inspections and do not use an outside realtor. For our inspections, you don’t even have to tidy up before we arrive, and we’ll even take any possessions that you don’t want.
We can close on your property in as little as 30 days. We will always be straightforward about the value of your home and give offers we think you’ll feel good about. Our goal is to give you as much as possible for your Blue Springs, MO property while still being able to have a profit margin ourselves down the road. In our 30 years of experience, we have never backed out of contract because we didn’t fulfill its terms.
Check out the links below to discover the other services we offer on Blue Springs, MO:
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs in Blue Springs, MO | Evervest Home Buyers
When you want to sell a house that needs major repairs, it’s important to find someone who won’t try to lowball you. We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau®, and you can check out our client testimonials to see what our previous Blue Springs, MO clients think about us. Call us today at (816) 368-8508 or reach out through our website to sell your house that needs major repairs.