Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Rolla, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Rolla, MO. if you’ve been given a notice of default, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is home-buying company that buys Rolla, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are friendly and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you right when you upload pictures, have our official offer in as little as 48 hours, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the mortgage holder officially foreclosures on your home. Speak to a representative at (573) 367-5677 or contact us online to start the process of getting out from under the bank’s thumb today. Depending on how much you owe, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Rolla, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It usually happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed paying one month of your mortgage. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. At this point, you may be able to work something out with the lender to get up to date on payments. Federal law requires lenders to offer you an opportunity to catch up before proceeding to foreclosure.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, the lender will send you a demand letter, detailing the amount past due and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must pay it off within 30 days. Federal law requires lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin official action.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t made your mortgage current, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender will file a lawsuit in court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the rules set by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the house will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for how much the home is worth, the debt that remains unpaid, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have between three and 30 days to leave. If you remain in the house, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Rolla, MO
You have a few options whenever you’re property is in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Rolla, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually includes paying off the past due payments, late fees, and any other charges associated with the delinquency. Once the loan is current you will be expected to continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
You need to be aware that reinstating a loan does not erase the past-due payments and subsequent late fees, it merely brings the loan current. If you fail to keep up with the monthly payments the home may go into foreclosure again. It’s possible to take out a loan with a different company, but the interest rates will likely be high, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for the release of your obligation to pay the mortgage. This reduces some of the negative consequences of a foreclosure, such as a damaged credit score, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the house, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still be evicted.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off your debt, but you’ll have more time to and will have a different payment plan. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you choose Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can remain in the home during the process for free. This is usually a way to give you a few more months to figure out what to do.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to keep your property. You will have to agree to a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to follow the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good choice. First, your entire financial life will be evaluated to see if you’re eligible. You’ll also incur many court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with mortgage payments, you may not be able to afford filing for bankruptcy.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to find a buyer and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are two different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If a prospective buyer makes an offer on your Rolla, MO home, the lender is required to consider it. In a short sale, the offer is not enough money to pay off all your debts. The lender can then consider if getting less than the full amount back is worth avoiding the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If a prospective buyer offers more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and keep the rest for new housing.
You can try to sell your house through a real-estate agent, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on data from the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes more than 90 days, and that doesn’t account for the work put in for making a home appealing to a traditional buyer. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
Selling Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure to Our Rolla, MO Cash Home Buyers
Evervest Home Buyers buys homes with all cash offers, and strive to give Rolla, MO residents a hassle-free home selling experience. We’ve bought everything from properties of houses in probate to homes with asbestos.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that homeowners do not have to make costly renovations to the property for us to want to buy it. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving you a fair offer fast — If you send us pictures of your home, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to wash the dishes before we show up. We always try to offer as much as we can for a house in Rolla, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We understand that your Rolla, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is stressful, and you may be nostalgic about having to move out of home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we always keep our word.. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While banks prefer not having to go through the foreclosure process, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. We can help you sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within 30 days if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not effect your credit score. However, if the foreclosure is completed, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While selling to us won’t allow you to keep your home, we can help you avoid the financial pitfalls of it getting foreclosed on.
Other properties we buy in Rolla, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Rolla, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even mortgage companies. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are amiable and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal quickly, and help you with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Rolla, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (573) 367-5677 or tell us about your property online.