Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Sparta, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Sparta, MO. if your home is about to be foreclosed on, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is a cash property-buying company that purchases Sparta, MO homes in foreclosure. Our team is cordial and discreet. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have a full offer for you in a matter of days, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the mortgage holder auctions off your home. Call us at (417) 815-3889 or get your offer online to start the process of getting out from under the bank’s thumb today. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Sparta, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It is a five-stage process:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after your first missed payment, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. After each of the first two missed payments, your bank will likely reach out via letter or telephone. At this point, you may be able to reach an agreement with the lender to catch up on payments. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, the lender will send you a notice of default, telling you how much you owe and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must bring the mortgage up to date within 30 days. Federal law obligates lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin the process of taking your home.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t caught up, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender will file a lawsuit in court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must follow the rules in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the home will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid taking into account their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have between three and 30 days to leave. If you remain in the home, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process is not kind, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Sparta, MO
The following are the main ways you can deal with pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Sparta, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan usually involves paying off the past due payments, late fees, and any other charges associated with the delinquency. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you will be expected to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
reinstating a loan is not a permanent solution. If you cannot stay but to date. You could consider taking out a loan with a different bank, but it will probably have an incredibly high interest rate, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for the release of your unpaid debt. Your credit score would not take a hit, and it allows the lender to avoid the time and expense of the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it and have tenants in it, but you would still likely have to move out.
The goal of bankruptcy is to provide a fresh start for you by either eliminating or reducing your debt. If you go the bankruptcy route, you’ll still be responsible for paying off your debt, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are several types of bankruptcy, but the most common for individuals are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off the rest of your mortgage if your home completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure for free. This is usually a way to give you a few more months to plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may permit you to keep your property. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – under supervision of a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to pay off your debt in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good option. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay considerable court costs and fees for bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
The last option is to sell your home and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are a couple different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If an interested buyer makes an offer on your Sparta, MO home, the lender must consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Sparta, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then decide if getting less than what you owe is worth avoiding the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, use the money to pay off your mortgage, and pocket the rest.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes over 90 days, and that doesn’t include the time it takes to prepare the house for sale. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling your home to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within a month of you contacting us.
How Our Sparta, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for properties, and strive to give Sparta, MO residents a stress-free home selling experience. We’ve bought everything from properties of houses in probate to condemned properties.
We buy properties “as-is,” which means that homeowners do not have to make costly renovations to the property in order to sell it. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting you a fair offer quickly — If you upload photos of your home, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we show up. We always intend to offer as much as we can for a home in Sparta, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Giving you a stress-free home sale — We understand that your Sparta, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is a trying time, and you may be nostalgic about leaving your home. We’ll won’t make things any more stressful than they already are. We differ from other cash home buying companies we have no loopholes in our contract. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’ll still move to take over and sell the house as quickly as possible. When you sell to us, you can sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, usually within 30 days if not sooner.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure won’t lower your credit score. However, if your house is foreclosed on, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can save you from the financial pitfalls of it getting foreclosed on.
Other properties we buy in Sparta, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Sparta, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even banks. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure is often the best option for everybody involved. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Sparta, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.