Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Willard, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Willard, MO. if your home is about to be foreclosed on, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is property-buying company that purchases Willard, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are cordial and discreet. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have a full offer for you in a matter of days, and close as quickly as you need us to – before the mortgage holder officially foreclosures on your home. Call us at (417) 815-3889 or get your offer online to avoid foreclosure. Depending on the value of your home and what’s left on the mortgage, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
How Foreclosure Happens in Willard, MO
Pre-foreclosure begins when you first miss a payment, and ends when your lender takes official action. It usually happens in five stages:
- Payment default — You’re technically in default after your first missed payment, or once you pass your lender’s grace period. After each of the first two missed payments, your bank will likely reach out with a letter or phone call. At this juncture, the lender will likely be willing to work something out with you to bring your balance up to date. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After the third month of missed payments, you’ll receive a demand letter, telling you how much you owe and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must bring the mortgage up to date within 30 days. Federal law obligates lenders to wait 120 days from the first missed payment to start official action.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after that period has ended you haven’t brought your mortgage up to date, the lender will take action with either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, you won’t have any official court proceedings, but they must abide by the rules set by Missouri statutes.
- Sale of the home — Whichever type of foreclosure they pursue, the home will then be auctioned off to the public. The lender will set a minimum bid taking into account their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any court costs or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the home is sold, you’ll have between three and 30 days to move out. If you don’t, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit against you.
While the foreclosure process may seem harsh, there are a few different ways you can mitigate the consequences for yourself.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Willard, MO
Below are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Willard, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan typically involves paying off the past due payments and any other penalties or fees. Once you have paid off all the past due amounts, the loan is considered to be current again and you will be expected to continue making regular payments as outlined in the loan agreement.
It’s important to note. If you are unable to stay but to date. You could consider taking out a loan with a different lender, but it will probably have an incredibly high interest rate, and you’ll have to keep up with the payments in addition to your mortgage.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender, in return they will discharge your obligation to pay the mortgage. Your credit score would not take a hit, and the lender wouldn’t have to deal with the nuisance the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the house, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from debilitating debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off your debt, but with a more realistic payment structure. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not be required to pay off the rest of your mortgage if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure without having to pay anything monthly. The goal of this is to simply delay foreclosure for several months while you plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 bankruptcy may allow you to not give up your property. You will have to agree to a plan to pay off all or some of your debts over a three to five year period. You’ll have to stick to the payment plan under the supervision of a court-appointed trustee.
Bankruptcy has severe downsides, however. First, you’ll need to show that you are eligible for it, and all your debts, expenses, and income will be analyzed. You’ll also have to pay significant court fees and pay for expensive bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re already struggling with money, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
An alternative to the above options is to find a buyer and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are a couple different types of sales for a pre-foreclosure home:
- Short sale — Lenders are obligated to consider any offer made on your Willard, MO house. In a short sale, the offer on your Willard, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then consider if getting less than the remainder of the mortgage is worth avoiding the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale can negatively impact your credit score, but not as much as a foreclosure.
- Traditional sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can accept that offer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can choose to hire a real estate agent to sell your home in pre-foreclosure, but the foreclosure process takes between 45 and 60 days. According to research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, selling a house on the traditional market takes over 90 days, and that doesn’t include the repairs and upgrades most traditional buyers will want you to make. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer may be your best option. We can agree to an offer and close on your house within 30 days of you contacting us.
How Our Willard, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers pays all cash for properties, and always want to give Willard, MO residents a stress-free home selling experience. We buy all types of properties, from houses in probate to homes with asbestos.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to a typical homeowner. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Getting our best possible offer quickly — If you upload photos of your home, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where one of our buyers will perform their own inspection. You don’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor before we come over. We always intend to offer as much as we can for a property in Willard, MO while still being able to profit off it ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We know that your Willard, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may be emotional about having to move out of home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t experience any added stress. We differ from other as-is home buying companies we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we backed out of it. We’ll show you proof of funds so you can feel at ease.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. We can help you sell your house fast. There’s no waiting for inspections, appraisals, or open house. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after you agree to our offer.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not effect your credit score. However, if your house is foreclosed on, it has a huge negative impact on your credit score, that will stay there for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can save you from the financial pitfalls of foreclosure.
Other services we offer in Willard, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Willard, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
Everyone hates foreclosure – even banks. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for everybody involved. Our buyers are friendly and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on the deal fast, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Willard, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.