Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure in Nixa, MO
Selling a home in pre-foreclosure in Nixa, MO. if you’ve been given a notice of default, you do have options. Evervest Home Buyers is an as-is property-buying company that buys Nixa, MO homes in foreclosure. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental. We can have an estimate ready for you just by looking at pictures, have a full offer for you in as little as 48 hours, and close in as little as month – before the mortgage holder auctions off your home. Call us at (417) 815-3889 or contact us online to start the process of getting out from under the bank’s thumb today. Depending on how much you owe, you may even be able to have some cash left over.
The Pre-Foreclosure Process in Nixa, MO
Pre-foreclosure is the time between when you fall behind on your mortgage payments and when your bank or lender sells your Nixa, MO house. It typically happens in five stages:
- Payment default — Payment default begins when you’ve missed at least one mortgage payment. Banks are required to reach out to by the time you’re 45 days late on a payment. If you’ve only missed a month or two, you may be able to work something out with the lender to get up to date on payments. Federal law requires lenders to discuss loss mitigation options with you.
- Notice of default — After 90 days of missed payments, the lender will send you a notice of default, telling you how much you owe and informing you that, to avoid foreclosure, you must pay it off within 30 days. Federal law dictates that lenders must wait 120 days from the first missed payment to begin foreclosure proceedings.
- The lender officially begins foreclosure — If, after 120 days you haven’t made your mortgage current, the lender will begin either a judicial foreclosure or a nonjudicial foreclosure. In a judicial foreclosure, the lender sue you in civil court. In a nonjudicial foreclosure, they’ll proceed out of court, but they must abide by the rules in by Missouri law.
- Sale of the home — In either case, the property will will be sold in a public option. The lender will set a minimum bid which accounts for their appraisal of the home, the amount owed, and any fees or unpaid taxes.
- Eviction — Once the property has a new owner, you’ll have between three and 30 days to leave. If you remain in the house, the new owner can file an eviction lawsuit in court.
While the foreclosure process is not kind, you do have options before the bank takes your home from you.
How to Stop Foreclosure in Nixa, MO
Below are the main ways you can handle pre-foreclosure or foreclosure in Nixa, MO:
Reinstate the Loan
Reinstating a loan generally involves settling the late payments and any other penalties or fees. Once the loan is current you will be required to continue with the monthly payments as previously agreed.
reinstating a loan is not a permanent solution. If you cannot maintain the payments. You could consider taking out a loan with a different lender, but it will probably have an incredibly high interest rate, and then you’ll have two monthly loans to stay current on.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
In a “deed in lieu,” you can give your home to the lender in exchange for discharging your unpaid debt. Your credit score would not take a hit, and the lender wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle the foreclosure process. The lender can then sell the property, or keep it as a rental property, but you would still likely have to move out.
Filing for bankruptcy is a way to get relief from debilitating debt. If you file for bankruptcy, you’ll still have to pay off the mortgage, but the timeline will be extended and will have a different payment plan. There are two types of bankruptcy you can file:
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will not have to pay off your remaining debt if the lender completes foreclosure, and you can still remain in the home before foreclosure without having to pay anything monthly. The goal of this is to give you a few more months to plan your future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
If you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may be able to hold onto your house. You’ll have to stick to a payment plan – overseen by a court-appointed trustee – that allows you to become current in three or five years.
There are many reasons that bankruptcy may not be a good choice. First, your entire financial life will be evaluated to see if you qualify. You’ll also have to pay significant court fees and pay for expensive bankruptcy lawyers. If you’re not able to keep up with mortgage payments, bankruptcy still may be too expensive.
Sell Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Another possibility is to find a buyer and settle your outstanding debts with the money. There are two different ways to do this:
- Short sale — If an interested buyer makes an offer on your Nixa, MO home, the lender legally obligated to consider it. In a short sale, the offer on your Nixa, MO home in pre-foreclosure is less than the amount you owe. The lender can then decide if getting less than the full amount back is worth not having to deal with the hassle of a foreclosure. A short sale does lower your credit score, but not to the extent that a foreclosure does.
- Standard sale — If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage, you can simply sell your home to an interested buyer, pay off your debt with the money from the sale, and pocket the rest.
You can try to sell your property through a real-estate agent, but foreclosure only lasts for 45 to 60 days. Based on research by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, it takes an average of 50 days to find a buyer and 50 days to close, and that doesn’t include the time it takes to prepare the house for sale. If you’re in pre-foreclosure, selling to an as-is, cash home buyer is likely preferable to a traditional buyer. Once you accept our offer, we can close as quickly as you need us to.
How Our Nixa, MO Cash Home Buyers Can Help With Your Home in Pre-Foreclosure
Evervest Home Buyers buys homes with all cash offers, and always want to give Nixa, MO residents a stress-free home sale. We’ve bought everything from properties of houses in probate to homes with asbestos.
We purchase homes “as-is,” which means that the condition of the property doesn’t matter to us as it would to traditional home buyer. You also don’t have to do open houses and wait to find a buyer. We can help you in selling your home in pre-foreclosure by:
- Giving our best possible offer quickly — If you send us pictures of your property, we can give you a same-day estimate. Then, we’ll schedule an inspection, where a member of our team will carry out their own inspection. You don’t even have to wash the dishes before we come over. We always intend to offer the most we can for a property in Nixa, MO while still seeing it as an investment for ourselves.
- Making the home selling experience stress-free — We know that your Nixa, MO home being in pre-foreclosure is not the best time in your life, and you may not want to leave your home. We’ll make everything as simple as we can so you don’t feel any additional stress. Unlike other cash home buying companies, we have never written a contract that didn’t close because we backed out of it. We’ll show you proof of funds so you don’t have to worry.
- Getting you money fast — While the bank would likely prefer it if you sold your home instead of them having to foreclose on it, they’re not going to wait around to collect their debt. We can help you sell your house fast. You don’t have to deal with or wait around for third parties. As licensed real estate brokers, we can perform the closing ourselves, as soon as you need us to after you agree to our offer.
- Saving your credit score — Having a home in pre-foreclosure does not effect your credit score. However, if your house is foreclosed on, it can have massive consequences for your credit score, that won’t go away for 7 years. While you won’t get to keep your home if you sell to us, we can save you from the financial perils of foreclosure.
Other services we offer in Nixa, MO include:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Cash Home Buying Company
- House Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
Selling Your Nixa, MO Home in Pre-Foreclosure | Evervest Home Buyers
No one likes foreclosure – not even banks. Selling your home in pre-foreclosure can be an agreeable solution for both you and your mortgage lender. Our buyers are cordial and nonjudgmental, and can help you pay off your debt and save your credit score. We’ll make a fair cash offer on the property, close on your home quickly, and assist with the legal and financial aspects of the sale. If your Nixa, MO home is in pre-foreclosure, call Evervest Home Buyers today at (417) 815-3889 or tell us about your property online.