Sell My Probate House in St. Louis, MO
Sell My Probate House in St. Louis, MO. When a family member or someone you were close with passes away, life can be difficult and confusing. On top of reconciling your complex emotions surrounding their passing, you may find yourself having to address legal issues, one of which invovles handling their estate in St. Louis, MO. To do this, you usually have to enter a probate period. As the appointed executor or administrator of the estate, you might find that you want or need to sell your probate house in St. Louis, MO. Managing a probate house sale can be overwhelming, but working with an experienced probate house buyer like Evervest can help you through the process.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a fixture in the St. Louis, MO community for thirty years. We have helped many St. Louis, MO families and individuals like you sell their probate houses and other St. Louis, MO properties quickly and for a fair cash value. If you or your family find yourselves in charge of a probate house in St. Louis, MO and need to sell, we are here to help. Find out how we can help you sell your probate house in St. Louis, MO by calling us today at 314-730-0366.
What is a St. Louis, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process of transferring ownership of a property when the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–left a legally enforceable will naming an executor to manage the estate in their will, that person will be put in charge of handing and selling the property, paying off the decedent’s debts, distributing assets to the heirs, and handling all other matters related to the estate. If the decedent did not provide a legally applicable will specifying an executor, the state will appoint an administrator to take charge–which is most often the closest living family member.
There are certain cases in which you can avoid probate. Some types of property that are valued under a specific dollar amount may be passed to beneficiaries without probate. Most houses, though must be handled via probate. However, certain legal arrangements made prior to the family member’s death can keep the house from having to go through probate and alternatively allow individuals to take immediate legal ownership of the house. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Each state has its own probate laws and practices. You can view detailed information on Missouri’s property probate laws here.
To sum up, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away undergoing the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are fairly split up and assigned to the surviving family members. Are you stressed out yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complex legal process that is difficult and hard to understand for many people. Probate laws are supposed to make sure everyone involved in the estate of the deceased family member gets their fair share, but the process of selling your probate house is often difficult to navigate and very stressful.
Fortunately, the team at Evervest Home Buyers is well-versed in buying probate houses in St. Louis, MO and is ready to help you sell your St. Louis, MO probate house. We are familiar with the legal requirements and procedures and can make sure you can sell your St. Louis, MO probate house successfully.
The Probate Process
When you find yourself in a situation where you realize, “I need to sell my probate house in St. Louis, MO,” it is easy to get overwhelmed. In order to help manage the stress and anxiety of selling a probate house in St. Louis, MO, it helps to become familiar with the steps of the process and what to expect.
The main distinction between selling a house in probate and a regular sale is that the state probate court oversees the entire process. When you sell your St. Louis, MO house in probate, you will go through the following process.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will appoint an administrator.
- All probate property of the decedent must be found, collected, and secured.
- The probate property will be appraised for its monetary value.
- All taxes and debts in the decedent’s name must be paid and satisfied.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs as specified in the will or, in place of a will, according to state law.
Selling My Probate House in St. Louis, MO
It is possible to sell a probate house in St. Louis, MO. However, because the court supervises the entire probate process, you are tasked with making sure that you are in compliance with Missouri state probate laws when you get ready to sell your house. As the executor or administrator of the St. Louis, MO probate property, be careful to make sure you operate in compliance with the probate process. After the will is authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform those involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. You must update anyone with an interest in the property that your plan is to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. To sell your house in probate, the house’s value must be assessed. This allows everyone involved to be aware of how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the St. Louis, MO probate house.
- Determine how to sell. This is where Evervest comes in to make it much easier and faster for you to sell your probate house in St. Louis, MO. You can decided between selling to a home buying company like us or go the traditional home sale route with a real estate agent. You will have to weigh either option. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not have the luxury of waiting months (or longer) to sell the probate house, the best choice would be to sell to a home investor like Evervest. You will get a fair value and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you decide to sell to home buyers like Evervest, the sale will be closed in under 30 days and often in as little as one to two weeks. At that time, you will have sold your probate house and will be paid cash in the amount of the market value offer.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
If you are in a situation where you are telling yourself, “I need to sell my probate house,” you will have to decide how you want to sell. There are pros and cons to any option, but selling to our experienced probate home buyers offers a way to close the sale quickly, allowing you and your family members to receive payment quickly and avoid a painful, drawn-out, stressful process. When you sell a home to Evervest, the all-cash offer is for the property as-is, meaning you do not have to do ANYTHING – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make the probate process a little easier on yourself and all the beneficiaries of the family member who passed away by selling the probate house to us for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in St. Louis, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you realize, “I need to sell my probate house,” pick up the phone and call Evervest. During a time that is already difficult for everyone involved, spare you and your family members and sell your probate house in St. Louis, MO in a timely manner and for a fair, all-cash offer through Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local St. Louis, MO home buying company. We know the St. Louis, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, know how to deal with the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are dedicated to offering a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in St. Louis, MO, get in touch with us right away by calling us at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.