Sell My Probate House in Olivette, MO
Sell My Probate House in Olivette, MO. A death in the family is a painful and confusing time. On top of reconciling your complex emotions surrounding their passing, you may find yourself having to address legal issues, one of which invovles handling their estate in Olivette, MO. This often entails a probate process. If you are in charge of the estate, you might find that you want or need to sell your probate house in Olivette, MO. Managing selling a probate house can be overwhelming, but when you choose to go through a probate sale with the knowledgeable probate house buyers of Evervest, we can help you through the process.
Evervest Home Buyers has been a fixture in the Olivette, MO community for three decades. We have been successful in helping countless Olivette, MO families like yours sell their probate houses and other Olivette, MO properties quickly and for a fair cash value. When you become involved with a probate house in Olivette, MO and need to sell, Evervest is here to help. Talk to us about how we can help you sell your probate house in Olivette, MO by calling us today at 314-730-0366.
What is a Olivette, MO Probate House?
Probate refers to the legal process required to transfer ownership of a property when the property’s original owner passes away. If the decedent–or the person who died–left a legally enforceable will naming an executor to manage the estate in their will, that person will be put in charge and make decisions when it comes to what to do with the decedent’s estate, including selling property, paying off all debts in the decedent’s name, and distributing remaining assets among the heirs. In cases where the decedent did not specify an executor in a will, the state will appoint an administrator to take charge–which is most often the closest capable relative.
However, in some cases you can avoid probate. Certain types of property that are valued under a specific dollar amount may be passed to beneficiaries without having to go through the probate process. Properties such as houses often must be handled via probate. However, there are some legal provisions that allow you to avoid the house entering probate and instead allow individuals to take immediate legal ownership of the house. Examples of this are joint ownership with the right of survivorship, revocable trusts, and transfer on death (TOD) deeds. Probate laws and regulations vary by state. Missouri’s probate laws for houses and other properties can be found here.
To sum up, a house in probate is a house belonging to a person who passed away going through the legal process of verifying the legality of the will or, if there is no will, making sure that the assets are properly split up and assigned to living members of the family. Confused yet? You are in good company. Selling a house in probate is a complicated legal process that is difficult and hard to understand for many people. Probate laws are meant to protect all family members or rightful heirs by ensuring that the estate of the deceased family member is distributed fairly, but the process of selling your probate house is often stressful and confusing.
Luckily, Evervest Home Buyers has experience handling probate house sales in Olivette, MO and is ready to help you sell your Olivette, MO probate house. We understand the legal requirements and procedures and can make sure you can sell your Olivette, MO probate house successfully.
The Probate Process
When you find yourself in a situation where you realize, “I need to sell my probate house in Olivette, MO,” you are likely to feel overwhelmed. In order to help manage the stress and anxiety of selling a probate house in Olivette, MO, it helps to become familiar with the steps of the process and what to expect.
Selling a house in probate differs from a typical home sale in that the state probate court supervises the entire process. Expect the following when you sell your Olivette, MO house in probate.
- The will is authenticated by the court. If there is no executor named, the court will appoint an administrator.
- All probate property of the decedent must be found, collected, and secured.
- The probate property will be appraised for its monetary value.
- All taxes and debts in the decedent’s name must be paid and satisfied.
- The remaining property is distributed to the heirs based on the provisions of the will. If there was no will or the will did not specify distribution of assets, state law on inheritance will be applied.
Selling My Probate House in Olivette, MO
It is possible to sell a probate house in Olivette, MO. But due to the legal requirements of the probate process, you are tasked with making sure that you are in compliance with Missouri state probate laws when you get ready to sell your house. When you are the executor or administrator of the Olivette, MO probate property, be careful to make sure you operate in compliance with the probate process. Once the will has been authenticated, you have been put in charge, and you have decided that you want to sell your probate house, you must:
- Inform those involved. Unless you are the only living relative or only person named in the will, there are others whom the sale of the probate house will affect. You must inform anyone involved with the property that your plan is to sell the probate house.
- Have the property appraised. To sell your house in probate, the value of the house must be officially assessed so that everyone involved knows how much they can expect to receive from the sale of the Olivette, MO probate house.
- Decide how to sell. This is where Evervest comes in to make the process of selling your probate house in Olivette, MO much easier and quicker. You can decided between selling to a home buying company like us or go with a traditional real estate sale. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of both options. If the house is not in excellent condition or you and your fellow beneficiaries do not have the luxury of waiting months (or longer) to sell the probate house, you should sell to a home investor like Evervest. You will get a fair value and receive cash quickly.
- Accept the offer. If you choose to sell to home buyers like Evervest, the sale will be closed in under 30 days and frequently in only one or two weeks. After that, you will have sold your probate house and will have cash in the amount of the market value offer.
Evervest can also help you in other home-selling situations, including:
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
If you are in a situation where you are telling yourself, “I need to sell my probate house,” it is up to you to determine how to go about selling. There are pros and cons to any decision, but selling to our experienced probate home buyers offers a way to close the sale quickly, sparing you and your family members from a painful, drawn-out, anxiety-filled process. Remember that at Evervest, our cash offer for your home is for the property as-is. In other words, there is no time, money, or effort required on your end – no cleaning, no repairs, no landscaping, showings, etc. Make the probate process a little easier for you and your family by selling the probate house to us for cash now.
Sell My Probate House in Olivette, MO Now | Evervest Home Buyers
When you find out, “I have to sell my probate house,” pick up the phone and call Evervest. During a time that is already difficult for everyone involved, make the process as easy as possible for you and your family members by selling your probate house in Olivette, MO quickly and for a fair, all-cash offer through Evervest Home Buyers. We are a local Olivette, MO home buying company. We are well-acquainted with the Olivette, MO area and Greater St. Louis community, understand how to navigate the probate home selling process, and, most importantly, are dedicated to offering a fair cash price for your house. When you are ready to sell your probate house in Olivette, MO, reach out to us right away by giving us a call at 314-730-0366 or filling out the online form.