Selling an Inherited House in University City, MO
Selling an inherited house in University City, MO. Coming into the control of an inherited house in University City, MO is a good thing and a bad thing. On one hand, a loved one is leaving you a memory that can you and your family can take advantage of. On the other hand, the loss of your loved one may be compounded by different people in the family arguing over who gets what. Trying to understand your options with an inherited house in University City, MO, all while grieving and trying to figure out other aspects of your loved one’s estate, can be confusing for anyone.
One option you may find attractive is selling your inherited house to a cash home buyer. At Evervest Home Buyers, we specialize in purchasing houses in any condition, for all cash, and can help you avoid the hassle and expense of listing your home with a traditional real estate agent. We keep everything confidential, and we appreciate the special needs of University City, MO families who are going through the difficult process of divvying up an inherited house. We can help you understand the laws and tax implications of selling your family member’s house, and help turn the home into a cash inheritance for you and your family. Speak to a team member today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about your inherited house online to discover more about what Evervest can do for you.
Challenges of Selling an Inherited House in University City, MO
Before we go over the advantages of selling your inherited house to a cash home buying company, it’s worth mentioning some of the common challenges you may face as an heir. Some of the most complicated parts of dealing with an inherited University City, MO house are:
- Managing the property from a afar — If you don’t live in the same city, county, or state as your inherited property, it can be hard to know who to believe in in the University City area. Do you know trustworthy contractors close by? If you want to turn it into a rental property, how will you know if the tenants are trustworthy?
- The house may be outdated — If your loved one wasn’t able to take care of the property, it’s an outdated property, or if it hasn’t been lived in for a while, it will take a lot of time, money, and effort to get it to turnkey condition. Your family member may have also left possessions that you’ll have to decide what to do with.
- Legal issues — Selling a house in probate comes with a lot of legal issues, including dealing with the courts and liens or unpaid debts.
At Evervest, we’ve been trusted by University City, MO locals to buy, manage, and sell homes for more than three decades. We’re not a large corporation; we’re proud that what we do goes back into the same neighborhoods we were raised in. We can purchase and repair homes in any condition, and, if needed, we can offer insight into the probate process. If there’s any “stuff” left over that no one in your family wants, just leave it where it is and we’ll dispose of it.
Why You Should Sell Your Inherited House to a Cash Home Buyer in University City, MO
Given the complications that come up when selling an inherited house, it makes sense that many people choose to sell to a cash home buying company in University City, MO instead. There are several advantages to this approach:
- Quick and stress-free home sale — As-is home buying companies offer an efficient sales process that can be over in a matter of weeks. With us, there’s no need to worry about listing your home, getting it ready for showings, or going back and forth on a price with buyers. With us, the only person you’ll talk to or see is the person buying your home. You won’t even have to pick up the socks off the floor for our inspection. Some houses can stay on the market for have a year or more, and even after that, you’re still likely at least a month and a half from closing. We’ll make an offer the day we come to see your home, and if you accept it, we can close in a matter of a week or two.
- You won’t have to spend money on costly repairs — Repairing or renovating a home can cost almost $100,000, which will take a large chuck out of any cash inheritance you and your family were hoping for after inheriting the house. Since cash home companies want to buy homes in poor repair, you won’t be on the hook for any repairs yourself. After purchasing the property, we’ll fix it up ourselves.
- You won’t have to hire a realtor — . At Evervest, we won’t get rich of selling your home. After repairing the house, we make a little bit of money when we sell the house back to someone else in University City, MO.
- Less risk — A traditional buyer may not have good enough credit or money to actually buy the house, and other home investors may require you to meet specific loan program requirements. All-cash purchases are much more efficient. We’ll show you proof of funds so you know we’re genuine. With us, you also won’t won’t have to worry about the buyer backing out because of inspection contingencies.
Choosing the Best University City, MO As-Is Home Buying Company For Your Inherited House
Some people often think the worst when they see “cash home buyers.” Unfortunately, sometimes the cash home buying process is a scam. But there are many reputable as-is home buying companies, like Evervest, that offer a fair price and won’t lead you on. If the prospect of a cash home buyer appeals to you, the first step is finding the right company in University City, MO to work with. Here are some tips for finding trustworthy buyers:
- Research online — Do some research online to find companies that specialize in buying homes for cash. See what previous clients said about their experience to get a sense of their reputation.
- Check reviews — Take a look at review websites like Yelp, Google, or the Better Business Bureau to see what others have said about the company.
- Ask for referrals — Ask people you know who may have sold their homes to cash buyers for recommendations.
- Find someone local — Even if an as-is buyer is legitimate, they may be national franchises without a good understanding of the University City, MO housing market or communities. A local as-is home buying company will be more likely to give you a fair price for your inherited home.
Evervest Home Buyers has earned the trust of our University City, MO neighborhoods because of our honesty and understanding. We work with you to find a solution that works best for you and your family. Check out our client testimonials here.
How to Sell Your Inherited House in University City, MO
When you’ve decided on selling your inherited house in University City, MO to Evervest, we make the process as easy and simple for you as we possibly can. We can turn your inherited University City, MO house into a cash legacy in four easy steps:
- Get in touch with us — Call us or contact us online to let us know about your property and your needs. After looking over your inherited house, we’ll be able to give you a free valuation in as little as an hour.
- Our inspection — The next step is to have our buyer come and carry out our inspection. It’ll be our buyer and only our buyer doing the inspection.
- Receive a cash offer — Based on our evaluation of the home’s value, we’ll give you a fair and all-cash offer.
- Close the sale — If you agree to the offer, we’ll show you proof of funds and write up a contract for the sale. We can close whenever works best for you – whether you need to sell the inherited house as soon as possible, or need some time before your family is ready to move on.
Other services we offer in University City, MO include:
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Foreclosed House Buyer
- House Buying Company
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Sell Your Inherited University City, MO House to Evervest Home Buyers
Selling an inherited house to an as-is home buyer in University City, MO can be a smart and stress-free option for many people. By working with a trustworthy buyer, you can eliminate the nuisance and cost of listing your home with a traditional real estate agent and full cash value for your home. To talk with Evervest about how we can help you and your University City, MO family sell your inherited house, call us today at (314) 730-0366 or tell us about the property through our website.