Selling an Inherited House in Affton, MO
Selling an inherited house in Affton, MO. Inheriting a house in Affton, MO can be a good thing and a bad thing. On one hand, a loved one has passed down an asset that can be a source of wealth and security. On the other hand, the loss of your loved one may be compounded by infighting between family members. Trying to understand your options with an inherited house in Affton, MO, all while grieving and trying to figure out other aspects of your loved one’s estate, can make anybody’s head spin.
One answer you may find appealing is selling your inherited house to an as-is home buyer. At Evervest Home Buyers, we specialize in purchasing houses no matter what condition they’re in, for all cash, and can offer you a stress-free home selling experience that’s equitable for everyone. We keep everything confidential, and we understand that this is a sensitive time for you and your Affton, MO family. We can help guide you through the process of selling a house in probate, and help turn the house into a cash inheritance your loved one left behind for you. Call Evervest Home Buyers today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us through our website to find out more about what Evervest can do for you.
Challenges of Selling an Inherited House in Affton, MO
Before we dive into the benefits of selling your inherited house to a cash home buying company, it’s worth mentioning some of the common challenges you may face as an heir. A few of the most complicated parts of coming into possession of an inherited Affton, MO house include:
- Managing the property from a afar — If you don’t live in the same city, county, or state as your inherited property, it can be hard to know who to believe in in the Affton area. Do you know dependable handymen in the area? If you want to turn it into a rental property, how will you know if you’re getting good tenants?
- The house may be outdated — If your loved one couldn’t keep up with maintenance, it’s an outdated property, or if it’s been vacant for some time, it’s going to need a lot of repairs to get it sale ready. There may also be a lot of possessions, and you’ll have to decide what will be passed on and what is junk.
- Legal issues — Selling a house in probate comes with a lot of legal issues, including dealing with the courts and liens or unpaid debts.
At Evervest, we’ve been trusted by Affton, MO locals to buy, manage, and sell homes for over 30 years. We’re not a franchise business; we’re proud that what we do goes back into the same neighborhoods we were raised in. We can purchase and repair homes in any condition, and, if you need us to, we can offer insight into the probate process. If there’s any “junk” left over that no one wants to claim, just leave it where it is and we’ll dispose of it.
Why You Should Sell Your Inherited House to a Cash Home Buyer in Affton, MO
Given the complications that arise when selling an inherited house, it makes sense that a lot of people choose to sell to an as-is home buying company in Affton, MO rather than to a traditional buyer. There are several advantages to this approach:
- Quick and stress-free home sale — Cash home buyers offer a smooth sales process that can be completed in a matter of weeks. With us, there’s no reason to worry about listing your home, cleaning and depersonalizing it for showings, or negotiating with buyers. At Evervest, the only person you’ll be dealing with is the person making the purchase on your home. You won’t even have to dust of the windowshades before we come to do our inspection. Some houses can take up to six months to find a buyer, and even after that, you’re still likely at least a month and a half from closing. You’ll have our offer directly after our inspection, and if you accept it, we can close in a matter of a week or two.
- No need for costly repairs — Fixing up a home to get it ready for sale can cost tens of thousands of dollars, which will take a large chuck out of any cash legacy you and your family were hoping for after inheriting the house. Since as-is home buyers specialize in purchasing homes in poor repair, you won’t have to worry about making expensive repairs or renovations before selling your home. After we buy the house, we do all the repairs ourselves.
- You won’t have to hire a realtor — The average realty fee is 6% of what the house sells for. At Evervest, we don’t make a profit when you sell the house. After repairing the house, we earn a modest profit when we sell the house back to someone else in Affton, MO.
- Less risk — A traditional buyer may not have good enough credit or money to actually buy the house, and other home investors may require you to meet certain loan program requirements. Working with a cash home buyer is much more streamlined. We’ll show you proof of funds so you know we’re genuine. We have never written a contract we didn’t close on because we backed out of the deal spelled out in the contract.
Finding the Right Affton, MO Cash Home Buying Company For Your Inherited House
Some people see red flags when they see “cash home buyers.” Unfortunately, sometimes the cash home buying process is a scam. But there are many respected cash home buying companies, like Evervest, that will offer you as much money as they can while still seeing the property as profitable for themselves. If the idea of a cash home buyer appeals to you, the first step is finding the right company in Affton, MO to work with. Here are some tips for finding trustworthy buyers:
- Research online — Do some research online to find as-is home buyers. Look testimonials from past clients to get a sense of their reputation.
- Check reviews — Check out review websites like Yelp, Google, or the Better Business Bureau to see what others have said about the company.
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends or family members who may have sold their homes to cash buyers if they had a good experience when the company they chose.
- Find someone local — Many cash home buying companies may be trustworthy, but are also large corporations without a good grasp on the local housing market or communities. A local cash home buyer will be able to better give you a fair price for your inherited home.
Evervest Home Buyers has earned the trust of the Affton, MO community because of how we do business. We work with you to find a solution that works best for you and your family. You can read some of our client testimonials here.
How to Sell Your Inherited House in Affton, MO
When you’ve decided on selling your inherited house in Affton, MO to Evervest, we make the process as easy and simple for you as we possibly can. We can help convert your inherited Affton, MO house into a cash legacy in four easy steps:
- Get in touch with us — You can send us pictures of the home on our website or by texting us. After looking over your inherited house, we’ll be able to give you an initial valuation in as little as an hour.
- Schedule a home inspection — The next step is to have our buyer visit your inherited house. There won’t be any third parties; you’ll only deal with the person directly buying your home.
- Receive a cash offer — Based on our evaluation of the home’s value, we’ll give you a fair and all-cash offer.
- Close the sale — If you agree to the offer, we’ll start the closing process. We can close whenever works best for you – whether you need to unload the inherited house as soon as possible, or need some time before your family is ready to move on.
Other properties we buy in Affton, MO include:
- Selling a Home with a Reverse Mortgage
- Selling a House Without a Realtor
- Selling a Home in Pre-Foreclosure
- Selling a House in Poor Condition
- How to Sell a House That Needs Major Repairs
- Selling a House As Is
- Home Investors
- Cash For Houses
- Buy My House
- We Buy Houses For Cash
- Sell My House
- Cash for Homes
- Sell My House As-Is
- Sell My House For Cash
- Sell My Probate House
- Sell My As-Is House
- Sell My Outdated House
- Sell My Inherited House in Greater St. Louis
- Sell Your House Fast
- How to Sell Your House
- Sell My Home Preforeclosure
- Sell My Home Now
- Rental Property Buyer
- Cash Home Buying Company
- Investment Property Buyers
- Fast House Buyer
- Probate House Buyer
- Condemned Property Buyer
- House Buyers
- Property Buyers
- Cash Home Buyer
- We Buy Houses in Greater St. Louis
Sell Your Inherited Affton, MO House to Evervest Home Buyers
Selling an inherited house to an as-is home buyer in Affton, MO can be a a great solution for grieving families. By working with a reputable buyer, you can avoid the hassle and cost of trying to find a traditional buyer and get a quick and fair cash offer. To talk with Evervest about how we can help you and your Affton, MO family sell your inherited house, call us today at (314) 730-0366 or contact us through our website.